When I got around 4 pounds of freshly picked blueberries from our U-pick trip at Granny's Berries, I was inspired to make home-baked blueberry muffins and kept the rest frozen for my future blueberry baked goods. I have tried baking other muffin flavors but this is my first try using blueberies. Found this recipe from food.com which uses minimal ingredients. The blueberries that we picked are already sweet, so I had to reduce the sugar from 3/4 cup instead of 1 cup.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, at room temp
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder/li>
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries or 2 1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Spray with grease the 12 large size muffin cups.
- In bowl, mix butter until creamy. Add sugar and beat until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each.
- Beat in vanilla, baking powder and salt.
- With spoon, fold in half of flour then half of milk into batter; repeat.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin cups and sprinkle topping onto each muffin.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and springy to touch.